In February 2014 I went to India on a mission trip. This blog talks about the storms that I went through to get there and the mountains that were moved so that I could go. Ending with my experience there. Feel free to leave comments as you join me on a journey of a lifetime. Have a blessed day, week and year. Remember through Faith and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ all things are possible.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Faith that can move mountains. I have a mountain that needs to be overcome. It is bigger than I am that is for sure. I'm sure most would agree that making that much money with no income is a huge mountain to overcome. But I have faith that the finances will be there in time for me to go, actually at least a month before I have to go.

Faith is the confidence, trust or believe in something or someone. Christ tells us in Mark that if we have faith then we can move mountains.

Mark 11:20-15 (NIV): In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. Peter remembered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, Look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!" "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

All I can say is wow, I can move mountains all I need is faith and prayer. Well I got both of those so why worry. Jesus tells us flat out that if we want something to ask for it in prayer. Just pray to God asking for what it is that we want. Then not only pray for it but have faith that it will happen. He also says that we must forgive others and he to will forgive us. You could write three different sermons just from that one passage because there is so much in it.

We are also told to pray without ceasing.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV): Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

So, let me see here we can move mountains through faith and prayer, and we are to pray continuously. So, God wants to hear from us all the time. Did you know you can pray anywhere at anytime. I actually have a conversation with God while on my way to school in the mornings, in the shower, talking to other people (I can carry on two conversations at one time) anywhere, anytime if I feel the need and the stirring in my heart I will talk to God through prayer no matter where I am at or what I am doing. Many call or talk to their parents, siblings, children and/or friends everyday for hours, or even twice a week. But when was the last time you talked to God?

Pray continuously and remember forgiveness is divine. Lets move some mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment