In February 2014 I went to India on a mission trip. This blog talks about the storms that I went through to get there and the mountains that were moved so that I could go. Ending with my experience there. Feel free to leave comments as you join me on a journey of a lifetime. Have a blessed day, week and year. Remember through Faith and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ all things are possible.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

If you have seen my page before or even if you are new to it you  may have seen my goals. I've posted about my first goal of reaching the $3,800 to be able to go to India. But my second goal I've never talked about. Today I will. 

One thing we will be doing while in India is a lot of walking. Now I don't mind walking and I even enjoy walking and I love to hike. I've heard we will  have to be able to walk at least 7 miles. I know I can do it, especially when it is to do God's work. However I weigh a bit more than I should and I would like to make it a bit easier on me by having less weight to carry around when I go. 

I have started to get on track to lose the weight. I have gotten up to weighing 200lbs so, I would like to weight 150 by the time we leave. I had been walking at least three days a week with a really good friend of mine but once school started it messed me up because I have to be at school early in the day. With the heat here that is the best time to walk. I plan on getting back on track with walking, either in the evenings or something. However there are other things I can do to get healthier and to lose weight.

I am hypoglycemic so, I need to eat at least three meals a day but even better would be to eat a little something every three hours. Well I've always never really eaten. I didn't eat breakfast barely ate lunch but then would eat dinner. To jump start your metabolism you need to eat breakfast but I wouldn't. I also drank tons of soda throughout the day and none or very little water. I guess that is why I gained so much weight. 

Once I stopped drinking soda, on August 8,2012 I learned just how bad my hypoglycemia actually is. With drinking soda I was getting sugar in me, however it was the bad sugar. My body was using all of that bad sugar and it just made me gain weight. When I quit drinking soda I no longer had that sugar intake. I have learned from it that I need to make sure I eat breakfast. I also need to eat lunch and dinner and snack on something healthy during the day. If not I will be shaking like a leaf and feeling very weak. 

So, over the course of the next five months, I will be working on eating healthy and regular meals. I will also be working towards my goal of losing 50lbs. So far I have lost 1, 49 to go. I know I can get there if I apply myself and work at it. Everything that we want takes work and dedication. If it doesn't it really isn't worth it. Things we have to work for are that much more enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment