In February 2014 I went to India on a mission trip. This blog talks about the storms that I went through to get there and the mountains that were moved so that I could go. Ending with my experience there. Feel free to leave comments as you join me on a journey of a lifetime. Have a blessed day, week and year. Remember through Faith and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ all things are possible.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I posted the three ways you can donate to Mission India 2013 but some may be asking themselves well how much does she really need for this trip. Good question and I actually don't really like talking about finances however it is a huge part of our day to day lives.

First the question is how much: well for the cost of the trip, which includes plane, transportation, accommodations, food, and those just in cases it will be $3,800. Now when I look at that I think there is no way. How am I going to make that much money when I have no income? Plus I still need my passport and shots. Okay just breath. We will be doing fundraisers that will account for some of it but what about the rest? The answer actually came from my 10 year old daughter. She told me don't worry mom you have lots of friends with jars. My heart melted.

For those who aren't really sure what my daughter was talking about and even if you may have an idea I will fill you in.

2 Kings 4:1-7 (NIV): The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the Lord. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves." Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?" "Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil." Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few. Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side." She left him and afterward shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. When all the jars were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another one." But he replied, "There is not a jar left." Then the oil stopped flowing. She went and told the man of God, and he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left."

She had but a little oil that turned into a lot of oil, enough to pay off the debts and to live on. She was able to do this through two things, faith that what the man of God said would work and second because she had the relationship with people around her. Because of this relationship she was able to acquire jars that she could fill with oil. What if she had only known a few people and only got a few jars? She wouldn't of had enough because once the jars ran out so did the oil. If she had known even more people she would of had more jars to fill and the oil would of ran longer until all of them were filled.

Now how does oil in jars refer to my getting to India. I have faith that through those I know my jar will be filled. Faith that can move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment