In February 2014 I went to India on a mission trip. This blog talks about the storms that I went through to get there and the mountains that were moved so that I could go. Ending with my experience there. Feel free to leave comments as you join me on a journey of a lifetime. Have a blessed day, week and year. Remember through Faith and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ all things are possible.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Blogging, I guess I will give it a try.

Have you ever had that feeling where you just know you have to do something? Earlier this year we had a couple from Come Alive World come to Life Church and talk about the mission work they do in India. My heart just went out to the people in Machilipatnam where they are doing this work. I knew then that I had to go just to let them know how much God can do for them, and how much he loves them. That they aren't outcasts who should be shunned but people who are loved. But how could I do this, how could I go? I have a family and school.....was God really calling me to go? 

2 comments:

  1. Just curious why are these people outcasts or being shunned? Is it because of leporasy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they don't have leprosy. It is the first thought that most would come up with. In the old days those that were shunned were considered unclean they had to live away from their people and everything they had ever known. Becoming outcasts to society. In many societies today it is still that way, but more than just having leprosy will make them unclean.

    Where I am going is an orphanage in Machilipatnam, India, these children are HIV positive, making them shunned and considered "unclean" by their society. Most of these children have never had a hug. It makes my heart break. Children are to be loved and cherished.

    ReplyDelete