In February 2014 I went to India on a mission trip. This blog talks about the storms that I went through to get there and the mountains that were moved so that I could go. Ending with my experience there. Feel free to leave comments as you join me on a journey of a lifetime. Have a blessed day, week and year. Remember through Faith and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ all things are possible.

Monday, September 17, 2012

No matter what religion we are or even if you are an Atheist, you have probably heard the story of Christ's birth. But think about it:

In that time a good Jewish girl was to stay a virgin until her wedding night. If she did not she would be stoned to death. Think of a young girl about 16, who is promised to a young man. Now she is a good Jewish girl and knows the laws of her people and follows God's commands. One day she is told by an angel of God that she will give birth to the Messiah. Now she has never been with a man and if she becomes pregnant before she is married she will be stoned to death. She doesn't say no but accepts God's plan for her knowing he will provide. Joseph is expecting to marry a pure, good, Jewish girl. He finds out however that the girl he is promised to is pregnant. By law and Jewish custom he should put her away and have her stoned to death. However through Mary's faith in God's plan her husband/fiancee came around to it and married her. Now yes it took an angel of God speaking to Joseph but he accepted Mary's choice and the will of God. 

Now you may be wondering what does that have to do with me going to India and knowing if God is telling me to go. Well it has everything to do with it. One Sunday Pastor Paul (for those who don't know he is the Pastor of Life Church) did a sermon on missions. At the end of service as is his custom if you had a word from God and needed prayer during the service he would pray for you. This time it was if God is calling you into the mission field. Now I have a tugging to stand and get prayer, but I don't. My thoughts are how can I go? Will my family be accepting of this? God spoke to me through Paul that day. Paul didn't know who it was for but he spoke the words that God told him. I immediately stood up. Tears streaming down my face not knowing how but willing to do what God calls me to do. I was going. I signed up for Mission India and  Mission Malawi that day. I knew I was called to go on one but I wanted to be ready to go anywhere God sent me. 

Last month I was accepted for the Mission India team. Now came the hard part telling my family that I have been called to go. Is it really God's design for me to go, the answer will come from my husband and I know it. If he says yes then I am to go, if he says no then I am not to go, but the hard part is asking him if I can go. I don't want him to say no because I want to go, but it is God's will that I must follow. 

Will my husband be accepting as Joseph was accepting of Mary? 

No comments:

Post a Comment